Friday 3 September 2010

First post!

Hello.
     I've been so inspired by the blogs I've been reading lately -- particularly The Kitsch and the Curious -- that I've been moved to start my own blog. Thanks to the wondrous vastness of the internet, it seems possible, on the same principle that in an infinite universe there must be intelligent life out there somewhere, to find someone who shares your interests and enthusiasms, not to mention your niggling anxieties and less than perfectly functioning body, almost to the letter. In my case, that person seems to be Kitsch and Curious Elaine, which is both delightful and a little bit spooky.
     Well, I have a lot of strange little things that I love, and that I want to 'show and tell'. I have many, many photographs of pylons and clowns and pigeons and people jumping into water and faded plastic flowers and old china that I would like to share. Plus album upon album of great aunts standing awkwardly next to new scooters or each other and other family eccentrics that I simply must make public.
     I will not rest until I have blogged myself silly. Well, I'll give it a go, anyway.
     No pics this first time as I'm at work on my new computer (don't worry, it's my lunch hour) and have just realised it doesn't have Photoshop installed yet -- back soon.

2 comments:

Kitsch and Curious said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I am so honoured (and not a little surprised!) that I have inspired you so much. I can't tell you how pleased I am. Thank you for the wonderful compliment!

I'm looking forward to reading more...

Jane Housham said...

Hello, Elaine
Wow, fantastic. Thanks so much for all your comments. My blogging blood is up now, so no stopping now.