Saturday 28 May 2011

Altered postcards

The seaside comes to the park in my home town, Richmond, Yorks
It's postcard swap weekend no. 5 and some of us are having terrible problems with Blogger, locked into our own blogs like princesses in towers, and unable to post on Postman's Knock. That gives me an excuse to re-show the card I made for Jane, and also to show the four other cards I made afterwards along the same lines.
Some sort of madness gripped me. I was seeing seaside scenes on mountain tops and in grim shopping centres.
You can see some of the same figures recur. I don't think I've quite worked these out of my system yet, as I have a slightly different take on this theme to try, but I'm such a terrible dabbler that my skittish mind is on something else just now.

6 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Fabulous fun!

Makeminemidcentury said...

They're brilliant! I can see why they'd be amusingly addictive.

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Jane, these are wonderfully inventive. I have no idea how you've done them. If they are 'photoshopped' in any way I certainly didn't cover that on my course! Just love the thinking behind it allmarvelling at your creative energy. Lesley

menopausalmusing said...

An absolute hoot! Love your sense of humour.

Carrie said...

They're brilliant - if only Queensway in Birmingham really looked like that!

Things Hand Made said...

these are brilliant jane. I want one printed on a t shirt!