Wednesday 16 July 2014

My photo picked by Uppercase!


You'll have to forgive me for blowing my own trumpet, but I nearly fell off my chair when I saw that Janine Vangool, the creative wonder behind Uppercase magazine, had chosen my photo as the header for her latest letter to readers. I had submitted some shots of my tiny coloured toy collection for the colour-themed issue (no.22) but had had a note to say they weren't going to use it. I had put it out of my mind and then up it popped in my inbox this morning. I feel very honoured and chuffed.

A note from Janine the previous week had brought news that running one of the best magazines on the planet isn't necessarily that easy or lucrative as she said she had had to lay off her two employees. The only answer, really, is for more people to subscribe to the magazine so that the massive amount of work required for each issue generates more income. It would be a terrible shame if Uppercase didn't continue on its glorious, colour-saturated path.

3 comments:

colleen said...

Congratulations, jane. i'd be very chuffed if it was me too.

LAC EMP 2020 said...

I'd be chuffed too. Well done you. I have to admit to being a bit ad hoc with Uppercase. I love it but find the price a bit prohibitive when it's sourced in the UK so buy a copy only every few months or so. I wonder if it works out better to subscribe? I shall check as you are right Jane. I love reading the newsletter and it would be a sad day if Uppercase disappeared.

nadine paduart said...

dear jane, i hadn't realised that was your doing, in uppercase. well done!! n♥
hopefully the mag remains, it is really good...