Sunday 5 February 2012

Doing my own (creative) thing

A couple of weeks ago I got rather immersed in responding to that "29 Ways to Stay Creative" video. It got me thinking: why not have a go at creating my own 'tips for creativity'? That question probably shouldn't have been merely rhetorical, because there are lots of reasons why I shouldn't 'have a go', chiefly not knowing how to make any sort of animation. However, I'm not one to let a small thing like total ignorance stop me, so I have spent an inordinate amount of time over the last few days trying to work out how to make this video and  upload it onto the web. It's quite interesting doing something completely 'blind' as basically you don't know what you aren't supposed to do, so strange things creep in. It even has music! Copyright free music!!
    
      Click here to see my 'Ten Tips for Creativity' video ...

10 comments:

Joanna said...

Well done, I really enjoyed ALL 10 of your creativity tips. I can't pick out a favourite (although maybe the skater and the beetles ?).

menopausalmusing said...

Oh my word, what a clever little film Jane! Love the clean lines of it all and the humour in it. You are talented in SO many areas.

Kitsch and Curious said...

Fantastic! Is there anything you can't do?? I particularly liked the ideas on the tree, and the fruit harvest metaphor, but it's all excellent. And some fresh creative tips too. Dance, eh?

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Oh you star! I love this and want it to go viral. It deserves to. I am really quite in awe of your talent but shall heed those wise words O Master.... I'm off to do some improvised dancing before starting on some charcoal drawings I've been putting off until today... after all, I can do it, can't I?....I want to write 'From Grasshopper' but think it might show my age and be completely unintelligble.

Unknown said...

Thank you for cheering me up with your humourous way to present your clever and practical tips. You did a great job, hard to believe that this is your 1st film - do more!
xxx Barbara

Gina said...

Absolutely brilliant Jane... and fantastic tips. I started with no. 1 yesterday (we were obviously thinking alike)... I'm now off to dance and do my own thing!

ben f said...

Talent! A demonstration of the principles in action too (can't be sure you did the dance)!

vintagerockchick said...

That's brilliant! Have found your blog from a link on FanMyFlame's (congrats on your win, by the way). I love your 10 tips - and have also bought myself a colour - GillyPink - thank you x

colleen said...

This is genius, Jane. Particularly like the tree of fruitful "ideas". I hope you won't mind if I post a link to it, because really the world needs to see this...

Annie said...

Just catching up here Jane and had to seek this video out after following Colleen's link to it on Vimeo. Kudos, it's wonderful, thank you, I needed reminding of all these things :D