Thursday 2 December 2010

Time to look in the bag

Cathy gave us a peep inside her shopping bag from the Vintage and Handmade Fair today, so I decided it was time for me to look inside mine too. Apart from getting the little clown cup out, I had literally dumped my bag on the floor in my nightmare 'office', which is too horrible to photograph at the moment -- I'm not proud of it.
cloth book
     So, out you come, my pretties...
cloth-book doggy
probably my favourite thing -- two sheets of toy watches

close-up
box lid

shot glass inside the box
Squeeze-box clown
teeny cracker-toy pistols
Weeny deer brooch that seems to be made of jelly
fat cloth-book robin
Some other little deer have already run off to the forest...

6 comments:

Makeminemidcentury said...

Amazing, precious finds.

And you have an eye for the 'childish' ... whimsical and lovely.

Clothbook images are just beautiful. I wonder what you'll do with them!

No comment on the cracker toys!

Kitsch and Curious said...

I'm a sucker for toys on cards, so I love the watches. I used to want to recreate Peter Blake's 'Toyshop', and gathered quite a few different cards over the years. The combination of cheap toys and bold bright graphics is irresistible!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a amount of amazing finds! Next time I'll come with you!

menopausalmusing said...

I WANT those little watches......... wow!

Jane Housham said...

MMMC - Thanks. I do love childish things, it's true. Today I've been in Hobbycraft and had to be torn away from the neon coloured ribbons.

K&CE - Yes, it would be so wonderful to recreate PB's Toyshop. He has such wonderful collections of stuff, it doesn't seem fair really.

BarbaraBee -- do come next time

MM - I feel guilty that I have those cards with the watches. It's funny knowing at least two people who read my blog (which is already quite an elite group of people) were at the same fair as me. I got them from the very nice woman up on the stage and, to be honest, I don't really think she was charging enough for her stuff. But for some reason I didn't tell her....

Unknown said...

Hello Jane, yes I made this sketchbook with the binder and was quite happy with it - and also a To-Do-List-Book for me and my partner..... and so forth. (Crazy, sorry) Here is the link for their homepage http://www.binditall.com/ - I had to find a company here in Germany where I could get this machine (for 79,- Euro) because I found it to difficult to get it straight from America. So hope you can find it in your place as well. I think this little machine is pretty smart as you can punch holes in quite thick material and it is also pretty easy to handle. ANNNNND the best of it: There is a little time left to get it as a wonderful christmas gift from someone really nice. Wink, wink.